SOLVED

Cant create Plan from Teams

Brass Contributor

When I try to create a Plan from the Teams page or App I get "Failed to create the Plan" returned.  Conversely I try to create a plan from Planner and attach it to an the already created 365 group that group isn't listed. The group was created from the Admin portal.

Any help would be appreciated.

18 Replies
Can you try search the plan that was created with the team? It should have the same name as the team/ group!
Add a planner and instead of creating a new one , select an existing one!

Are you allowed to create office 365 groups? Can you create a team from the teams app for example??

Adam

@adam deltinger wrote:
Can you try search the plan that was created with the team? It should have the same name as the team/ group! No, no plan was created.
Add a planner and instead of creating a new one , select an existing one!
The Team/Group is already in use and has a lot of content and traffic. I can create a plan, but I cannot associate it with the existing group; it is not listed.
Are you allowed to create office 365 groups? Can you create a team from the teams app for example??
I am the global admin for the tenant.
Adam

@adam deltinger 

best response confirmed by Jason Maclauchlan (Brass Contributor)
Solution
If you created the team from team admin center, there’s a few caveats to think about! Go to admin center - groups - find the group- add yourself as a member, not only owner! Now try to add a planner plan in teams!!

@adam deltingerThat was it! I added the owners to the members group and plans were able to be created!

Thanks!

@Jason Maclauchlan

clipboard_image_0.png

Hi there

If you have the answer or a solution write me franklinzerpa@suporteoffice365.onmicrosoft.com or franklin_zerpa@outlook.com

I have the case from Mexico make a solution.

I need the real solution the case are open 20 days 

@adam deltingerIs the inability to create a plan within Teams still an ongoing issue or a recurring bug with Microsoft?  I tried the solution and was still unable to do. 

2019-09-18_15-04-46.png

Since making sure the owners are also in the members group, haven't had the problems of creating Plans in Teams Channels.

@Jason MaclauchlanI've added myself as a member and then as an owner of the group.  Still unable to create a plan.

Was able to create plans in other O365 groups but not this group in particular.  For a  while, we used to be able but now, we are unable to.

@Chris Ficek  Did you ever get an answer to this issue?  I'm also having the same problem.   I've added my owners to the members list and I'm still unable to create a plan.

Any help is appreciated.

@Rizzle19  Sorry for the delay response.  Have you tried adding yourself as an owner as well as a member of the group?  There's been a few times where things are a little flaky.  Hope this helps.                           

@Chris Ficek @Rizzle19 

I created a Team via Teams admin and had same issue, so via the Teams interface moved myself to a member. Then go back to Teams admin and add myself back as an owner.

I could create a new plan straight away.

One interesting point is that I dont see the group in Planner if I wanted to create a plan for the group I created in Teams admin (now 30 mins after I made myself a member and owner).

I can confirm that edding the owner to the member in the O365 group let's me create a plan in a Teams Planner Tab.

Thanks!!

That was it Thank you so much. @adam deltinger 

This is exactly the answer. Thank you so much! @adam deltinger 

This was the simplest solution to an issue bogging me for hours!! thanks, Adam!!

@Nic Wood 

I agree that ONLY this solution of yours work for this.

Ultimate Solution of "Adding Tasks Tab to MS Teams"

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jason Maclauchlan (Brass Contributor)
Solution
If you created the team from team admin center, there’s a few caveats to think about! Go to admin center - groups - find the group- add yourself as a member, not only owner! Now try to add a planner plan in teams!!

View solution in original post