SPAM from three domains

Copper Contributor

I get a lot of SPAM & PHISHING from three domains:

.mom

.cam

.ink

I have never had a legitimate e-mail from any of these domains, and would like to block all mail from them.

However, there is no option to block / add to junk by entering just a dot and the domain.

Is there any other way?

6 Replies

Hi Leigh1159,

If you are using a personal account (e.g. outlook.com, hotmail.com, etc.) you can't block TLD's.

If you are using a work or school account than blocking TLD's is possibly by creating an Exchange Online mail flow rule.

@MathieuVandenHautte 

Thank you - It is a personal account.

Such a shame - I am pretty sure these e-mail addresses are just SPAM, so it is a shame companies like Microsoft do not allow a method of blocking.

Thank you for your response.

Leigh

@leigh1159  

Filter junk email and spam in Outlook - Microsoft Support

Please check this official article. 

"

At the top of the page, select Settings .

Select Mail > Junk email.

If you want to block an email address, enter the email address under Blocked senders and select Add.

If you want to block all email from a domain, enter the domain name under Blocked domains and select Add.

Select Save."

Thanks, done all the above but I get 40 e-mails a day from the three domains - but all different addresses - now going in to the Junk folder. As, sadly, non - Junk sometimes goes in to I have to check it and it is just a pain so I was hoping there was a block method I was missing; alas not. Thanks

@leigh1159  

In addition - I suggest reporting to Microsoft as phishing, it should work, maybe not immediately, but it is worth checking :)  

"

When you mark email as junk, you can report the message to Microsoft to help improve the accuracy of the junk email filter. To set junk email reporting options, select Settings Settings icon > Mail > Automatic processing > Junk email reporting.

Specify when to send junk email reports

Outlook on the web offers three different reporting options for email you mark as junk:

Ask me before sending a report will ask you to confirm that you want to send a copy of the email to Microsoft for research and improvement of email protection technologies. The email goes through an automated process that removes all personal information.

Automatically send reports sends a copy to Microsoft of every email you mark as junk.

Never send reports will not send a report to Microsoft when you mark an email as junk."

Will do, thanks, anything is worth a try! :)