SOLVED

Sending Files via Email Through Outlook

Copper Contributor

How do I send a file as an attachment to an email to someone outside of the organization and not a member of our Team?

7 Replies

That's a question you should be asking your support team. In general, there's nothing stopping you from doing that with the default configuration, which means that most likely you have some additional restrictions configured.

We don't even see Outlook as an option in our views so what you are saying is that the option is there just not as set up by our organization?

I am not sure to understand your problem...

Can you please elaborate a bit?

I'm moving this discussion to the Outlook space for better visibility.

best response confirmed by John Chleborad (Copper Contributor)
Solution

You're right, you don't have a "Send by mail" or "Outlook" option directly in Teams files. However, if you create a new email in Outlook and select "Attach file" you can go to "Browse web locations" -> "Group files", select your Team/Office 365 Group, and you can attach the file(s) you want. either as a link or a copy of the file, and you will also be able to adjust permissions.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/attach-files-or-insert-pictures-in-outlook-email-messages-b...

@Pablo R. Ortiz wrote:

You're right, you don't have a "Send by mail" or "Outlook" option directly in Teams files. However, if you create a new email in Outlook and select "Attach file" you can go to "Browse web locations" -> "Group files", select your Team/Office 365 Group, and you can attach the file(s) you want. either as a link or a copy of the file, and you will also be able to adjust permissions.

Pablo, thank you for the input, it is exactly what I was looking for!  The option worked exactly as you described, I will be updating my team members immediately.  THANK YOU!

you're welcome, glad it helped!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by John Chleborad (Copper Contributor)
Solution

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/attach-files-or-insert-pictures-in-outlook-email-messages-b...

View solution in original post