SOLVED

Searching File History PSTs

Copper Contributor

Is there any way to search Windows File History PSTs for deleted calendar entries (or emails) without using Outlook's Data File Mangement to load specific PSTs individually? I realize the answer is probably no, but I thought I would ask.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Stuart Rooney (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Yes it is!
Actually no it's not, but I wanted to give you some hope for a moment. :)
What you could do is import the PST files into a shared mailbox in Exchange Server or Online, which will index faster than your computer and therefore make it easier/faster to find the content.
Or stick them into eDiscovery by importing them back into a user account first.

Thank you for your response. I have a fast and large PC and use X1 to index all my files including all of Outlook. I rarely use Outlook's own search capabilities right now. I think what I will do is the first of every month I will add my lastest File History PST and on the fifteenth of every month I will remove the File History PST that would then be about 45 days old. With X1, I will index only my main PST so that I will not get multiple X1 search results from multiple PSTs. Then when I want to find a missing item, I will expand one or both File History PST's folders and use Outlooks's own search capability to find my missing item.

That solves the problem for me, but not for non-X1 users. I never have missing items in my Archive PST.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Stuart Rooney (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Yes it is!
Actually no it's not, but I wanted to give you some hope for a moment. :)
What you could do is import the PST files into a shared mailbox in Exchange Server or Online, which will index faster than your computer and therefore make it easier/faster to find the content.
Or stick them into eDiscovery by importing them back into a user account first.

View solution in original post