SOLVED

Search in Outlook for Mac returns no results

Copper Contributor

I'm using macOS Monterey v. 12.3.1 and Microsoft Outlook for Mac v. 16.61.

According to what Microsoft says, the search function in Outlooks should be working, but it's not. Any ideas?

Search in Outlook for Mac returns no results after installing macOS Monterey 12.1

Last Updated: January 13, 2022

ISSUE

After installing the macOS Monterey 12.1 update, search in old versions of Outlook for Mac returns no results.

This issue has been resolved with the release of Office for Mac version 16.57 (22011101). 

3 Replies
best response confirmed by SavvyChris (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Response from MS fixed the problem:

With regard to the search issue, please make sure that there isn't any Outlook Profile Folder (Main Profile folder) added in Privacy window because, if Outlook Profile is added in the Privacy window then, search will not work. 

If there isn't any folder added in the Privacy window then, let’s re-index the hard drive and see if that makes any change to Outlook.

Please follow the steps listed below to do so:
1. Open System Preferences and select the Spotlight.
2. Click the Privacy tab.
3. Click Finder and then under Locations click your computer name
4. Drag the Macintosh HD to the Privacy tab and wait for some time (5-10 mins).
5. From the Privacy window, select the HD and then click the minus (-) button near the bottom left of the window.

6. Wait 1 hour.

Checking in to see if this is still recommended fix. My mbp shows no search results AND my tasks have disappeared. Running outlook 16.65 (365 subscription) and Monterey 12.6. Thx
I have the same problem and did everything i could (reset mdutil command, recreate all indexes, change profile, noting works under ventura on a M1 mac. It's a transfert from an old mac witch all was working fine.
The mail database is huge (more than 200 Go) it's all local archive, so i i crete a new profil, i will lost everything. How can i start with a new profile and access to archives ?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SavvyChris (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Response from MS fixed the problem:

With regard to the search issue, please make sure that there isn't any Outlook Profile Folder (Main Profile folder) added in Privacy window because, if Outlook Profile is added in the Privacy window then, search will not work. 

If there isn't any folder added in the Privacy window then, let’s re-index the hard drive and see if that makes any change to Outlook.

Please follow the steps listed below to do so:
1. Open System Preferences and select the Spotlight.
2. Click the Privacy tab.
3. Click Finder and then under Locations click your computer name
4. Drag the Macintosh HD to the Privacy tab and wait for some time (5-10 mins).
5. From the Privacy window, select the HD and then click the minus (-) button near the bottom left of the window.

6. Wait 1 hour.

View solution in original post