Outlook won't stay open

Copper Contributor

Worked perfectly fine yesterday, but when I click to open Outlook this morning, it starts to open, gets to my emails screen and updates my inbox, but then immediately CLOSES without any warning.

HELP!  Happening GLOBALLY!

10 Replies

@lysilvany 

I have the same problem, now just start with a few users, include myself.

@lysilvany There is currently a service incidence regarding that. You can access your mailbox on Outlook on the web and on your mobile Outlook client while it is been resolved.sr.PNG

Same problem with a lot of our Clients. Update 2006 (13001.20384 compilation) breaks some Outlook installations, and open and closes after one or two seconds. Repairing not working (with online or offline feature). The only solution we have found is to completely uninstall Office and reinstall with other compilation, and works again. But if we update Office, it breaks again.

Unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't test the updates so much before releasing, and this is the result.

@lysilvany Same here. I checked my event log and it says:

Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 16.0.13001.20266, time stamp: 0x5ef2a169
Faulting module name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 16.0.13001.20266, time stamp: 0x5ef2a169
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000015c4fa
Faulting process id: 0x2dd8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d65acbe25a3ac5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE
Report Id: 7d01e818-556b-4f24-a160-a4f6ddff12eb
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have the same problem, do i need to uninstall outlook, if so do i lose any information?

@janieframpton I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it didn't work.

Hi,

You can force an update to an older version (2005, before the corrupted update) by command line. I have fixed all the clients with this problem.

I attach you a link of the post in our blog with the solution: https://www.metainnova.es/error-en-actualizacion-de-office-outlook-no-se-abre/

Thanks!

@Metainnova 

Works like a charm! Thank you very much!!!

Hi @byteloser 

You're welcome.

If you enter outlook in safe mode, press start + r then enter command 'outlook /safe' 

Go into options, take away all the add-ins and update outlook.

It works.

Update all drivers ,

Update windows first.

Seems like it kind of sorted it self out after a while to. 

@lysilvany