Outlook with iCloud mail

Copper Contributor

I have a family e-mail account on iCloud  ( @me.com) .

On this account is the Apple user ID account (email address removed for privacy reasons) and a  proxy e-mail address for one family member (email address removed for privacy reasons)

The new version of Outlook on Windows 11 will let all of the e-mail be displayed in the Inbox (recipient shown as parent@me or name@me, but replying or generating a new e-mail it only gives the parent@me option to use.

Every other e-mail client I've used (Apple's Mail for desktop as well as iOS mail) will let them work as stand-alone addresses. When you generate an e-mail you can pick as sender email address removed for privacy reasons, email address removed for privacy reasons, email address removed for privacy reasons, email address removed for privacy reasons, email address removed for privacy reasons

And the older MS Mail client that came with Windows prior to version 11  saw all e-mails and treated them differently.

I've got Outlook recognizing the email address removed for privacy reasons address, but does not allow email address removed for privacy reasons  to work as an independent address.

Has anyone faced this before?

1 Reply
Ok, wasn't expecting that edit on what were false e-mails

so it's Apple ID Address at me that Outlook will default to, and I'm trying to get it to see that and proxy address person's name at me as on the same account but distinguish between the names.