Outlook on ipad

Copper Contributor

Hi , 
my outlook is not saving sent email addresses in address book.  Tried deleting the app and downloading again. It won’t help.  
please reply if some body knows how to do?

Thanks 

Jack

1 Reply

@Jackjohar 

If your Outlook app on iPad is not saving sent email addresses in your address book, there could be a few reasons for this issue. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and resolve the problem:

1. Check Outlook Settings: Make sure that your Outlook settings are configured to save sent email addresses to your address book. To do this:
    • Open Outlook on your iPad.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon) in the lower-left corner.
    • Scroll down and select "Mail" from the list.
    • Under the "Compose" section, make sure "Automatically add email recipients to" is set to "My Contacts."
  2. Enable Contact Sync: Check if contact sync is enabled for your Outlook account:
    • Go to your iPad's Settings.
    • Scroll down and select "Outlook."
    • Make sure that "Contacts" is enabled.
  3. Check Contact Permissions: Make sure that the Outlook app has permission to access your iPad's contacts:
    • Scroll down and select "Privacy."
    • Select "Contacts."
    • Make sure that Outlook is listed and has permission to access your contacts.
  4. Clear Cache and Data: Sometimes clearing the app's cache and data can help resolve issues. However, please note that clearing data may log you out of your accounts, so be sure to have your login credentials ready.
    • Scroll down and select "Outlook."
    • Tap "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data."
  5. Update the App: Ensure that you have the latest version of the Outlook app installed. Outdated apps can sometimes cause compatibility issues. Go to the App Store and check for updates.

Remember to back up any important data before making significant changes to your app settings or data. Additionally, note that app behavior and features can change with updates, so always refer to the most recent documentation or support resources.

The text and the steps are the result of various AI's put together. Therefore, I have this solution proposal /Suggestions/Steps for you.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.

*If you liked my answer, please like this one.

If my answer helped, please mark it as the correct answer.

This will help several users here.