Outlook New look on Mac no longer syncs gmail accounts

Copper Contributor

Mac version 11.6.7

Outlook version 16.62

Gmail 3 accounts

Outlook.com email account

Comcast.net pop email account

10:00 AM PST 6/22/22 - all three gmail accounts stopped syncing.

The two other accounts still function normally.

None of the following steps had any impact on my outlook to gmail sync issue

1. Restarted Mac

2. Restarted outlook

3. Restarted Mac

4. Restarted outlook

5. restarted outlook

6. removed gmail account

7. re-added gmail account

8. Restarted Mac

9. Restarted outlook

10. Changed to basic outlook by unchecking the new outlook button

11. Changed back to new outlook

Gmail client works in chrome. No issues.

Gmail client works on iphone, no issues.

Gmail client works on Mac Mail on laptop, no issues

Only outlook on my mac is having this sync failure.

13 Replies

@btcurrie I'm having the same issue. Working on it for hours and can't seem to get any synch for my three google workspace gmail accounts. If you find a solution, please ping me. I'll do the same.

Same Issue here. All iOS and Mac versions of outlook stopped responding altogether around the same time as yours. Tried all the same things you did and got nowhere.
Confirming a similar issue in the last few hours.

I have the same problem @btcurrie 

Same here even tried 16.63. I am on a Mac Studio (2022) , Apple M1 Ultra with 128 Gig Ram operating on OS 12.4. Using legacy will not connect to Google for authentication. Switch to new version adds account but no folders just an empty inbox

@btcurrie same problem here exactly. began at 9:40 am pdt. mac big sur 16.6.6 using outlook 365 and new outlook. tried using a different dns, different isp. nada.

@btcurrie  well just logged onto my iPad and no mail with gmail since monday!!! 

I have the same issue and it started at about the same time - 10 am PT on June 22.  MacBook Pro running Monterey 12.4 and no Gmail or Yahoo mail account will sync.  My Outlook email does sync. @btcurrie 

same thing happened to me.  @martinroberts123 

Hazzah! For some reason, perhaps related, my mac froze. I just restarted and all is back to normal. Didn't do anything except the usual non-safe mode restart. 6/22 9pm PT. Hope that same magic restart works for all of you. Perhaps MS fixed what they broke today.

Looks like the issue has been fixed. All my Outlooks now work with Gmail and with Gmail Google Calendar on Mac, iPad and iPhone

Yes Outlook is working normally again this morning and syncs with Gmail @schesbh @btcurrie 

I've same problem with my new outlook for Mac. Can anyone show me how to solve this problem?@schesbh