Outlook for the Web: Email Signature Template

MVP

I have several new Outlook on the Web users who wanted to use the Email Signature Templates in OWA.  The template works great in Outlook Desktop. However, the desktop signature does not sync with OWA and must be added manually to OWA.

The problem is the user personalized it in Desktop and then tried copying and pasting the signature content to OWA.  You lose all the formatting, icons, and images.  I tested in my developer account and sure enough, it is a mess.  See the image below.

To Microsoft, are there any plans to create an email signature template for OWA? And, 2) will the signature sync between Outlook Desktop and OWA soon?  In this case, the user can create the signature once to be used in both applications.

Thanks in advance. 

2021-09-22_16-15-42.png

2 Replies
Our team is experiencing this same issue. Please Help!

Hi @DevinMagee 

Update: January 23, 2022

I have great news.  I was able to use the signature templates.  I tested the following:

Outlook for the Web

• Email signature gallery (office.com)
  • Choose Open in the Browser to open the gallery in MS Word.
  • Copy (Ctrl C) and paste (Ctrl P) Signature 1 template in the Email Signature.
  • It worked for me. See images below.

Teresa_Cyrus_2-1674448615690.png

Teresa_Cyrus_3-1674448661271.png

Outlook Windows

• This time I repeated the steps above for Signature Template 6 in Outlook Windows
  • Results: It worked, and I was able to select this signature in Outlook for the Web without recreating it.  That's awesome. 

If you found this information helpful, please mark it as the best response which will assist others with the same question. 

/Teresa
#traccreations4e