Outlook Diary update

Copper Contributor

As suggested by Microsoft last week, I updated my Outlook account.  This also updated my Outlook diary - and wiped it clean.

No sign of any appointments whatsoever.  No past, no current and nothing for the future.  How can I retrieve all my diary over the past few years - and useful referral tool that I use often?

And the new diary is much more difficult to use than the old one - can I return to my previous version - with all the diary complete?

1 Reply

Hi @vcbertie,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're facing with your Outlook calendar. Let's address them step by step.

Retrieving your calendar entries:

1. Log in to Outlook Web App (OWA) and check if the missing appointments are visible there.
  2. If the appointments are in OWA but not in the Outlook client, disable cache mode to see if they appear.
  3. If appointments are not in OWA either, check the Deleted Items and Recover Deleted Items folders for potential recovery.
  4. If appointments are still missing, contact your Office 365 admins to verify if a retention policy deleted them.

Outlook Calendar - diary is missing - Microsoft Community

Reverting to the old version of Outlook:

1. To switch back to the classic version, turn off the "New Outlook" toggle.
  2. If the toggle is unavailable, run the old version of Outlook directly from the installation directory.
  3. If running the old version opens the new one, either uninstall Outlook or modify the registry setting for UseNewOutlook.

Switch from 'new' Outlook (2023) to 'classic' outlook - Microsoft Community

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)