Outlook calendar URL not populating in Google Calendar

Copper Contributor

We have our clients publish their calendars and provide us with the ICS URL links so that we can upload them into Google Calendars. We are having some issues integrating with certain clients calendars that come from Outlook. The issue, is that this is not happening with all outlook calendars, but most. I had them follow these instructions to share from Outlook.

1. In Calendar view, select Settings > View all Outlook settings.
  2. Select Shared calendars.
  3. Under Publish a calendar, choose which calendar you want to publish and how much detail people can see. I recommend "can view when I'm busy" as this will only show blocks that are booked without any details of what you have scheduled.
  4. Select Publish. This will create 2 links below it.
  5. Click on the ICS link and click on "copy link" Email me this link.

The odd thing is that when we add them to google calendar, nothing populates. I created an outlook account to test these on, and when I upload the URL to that, it shows up right away.

I cant find any other settings within outlook for them to change, so it appears that this would be an issue on Googles end? Or is there a setting that I am missing within Outlook for them to change for it to be viewed in Google? 

Thanks for your help. 

0 Replies