outlook calendar items capped to 5 lines max

Copper Contributor

hi,

after installing a new laptop my outlook calendar item line, the header of a meeting, is capped to maximum 5 lines.

In some cases I used more lines, and they are disappeared this I synchronised with office 365 etc.

thanks for your help and support how to retrieve the data

1 Reply

@renzekortelivecom 

The number of lines that are displayed in the header of a calendar item in Outlook can be limited by the Outlook view settings and the size of the Outlook window. Here are some steps you can take to address the issue where your calendar item header is capped at 5 lines:

1. Change Calendar View Settings:
  1. Open Outlook and go to the Calendar view.
  2. In the Calendar view, locate the calendar item for which you want to see more lines in the header.
  3. Right-click on the calendar item and select "Open."
  4. In the opened calendar item, you should be able to see more lines in the header.
  5. If this works for individual items, you can also try changing the calendar view settings to show more lines in the header for all items. To do this, go to the "View" tab in the Outlook ribbon, click on "View Settings," and then adjust the "Maximum number of lines in compact mode" setting.
  1. Resize Outlook Window:

Sometimes, if your Outlook window is too small, it can truncate the display of calendar item headers. Try resizing your Outlook window to see if more lines become visible.

1. Update Outlook:

Ensure that you are using the latest version of Microsoft Outlook. Sometimes, updates include fixes for display issues like this.

1. Reset View Settings:

If you suspect that your Outlook view settings have become corrupted, you can try resetting them to their default settings. Here is how:

1. Go to the Calendar view in Outlook.
  2. In the Calendar view, click on the "View" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on "Reset View."
  4. Confirm the reset.
  1. Check Display Scaling Settings:

Depending on your display settings and resolution, Outlook might display fewer lines in the header. Check your Windows display settings to ensure they are appropriate for your screen size and resolution.

1. Repair or Reinstall Outlook:

If the issue persists and you have tried the above steps, you can consider repairing or reinstalling Microsoft Outlook. Sometimes, issues like this can be resolved through a fresh installation.

If you have tried all the above steps without result, please provide more information about your digital environment. Information like Excel version, Operating System, Storage medium, etc. you can consider repairing or reinstalling Microsoft Outlook. Photos and a more detailed description of the topic would be an additional advantage.

Since no one has answered it for at least one day or more, I entered your question in various AI. The text and steps were edited with the help of AI.

My answers are voluntary and without guarantee!

Hope this will help you.

Was the answer useful? Mark them as helpful and like it!

This will help all forum participants.