Outlook 365 for Mac - MS Teams button is missing

Copper Contributor

Outlook for Mac version: 16.35 (Production)

Although button for Skype for business and Webex exist in my Outlook 365, MS teams does not. With the COVID-19 working from home situation, my company is using Teams and I cannot set up a meeting because neither the Teams button exist in Outlook nor Teams for Mac support the function to set up a meeting ... Lockdown

References I found talk about the button being available from version 16.20, which is not true in my case (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/teams-meeting-button-is-missing-in-outlook-for-mac-0d6608c7...). According to this page, you need REST calendar sync, which I may not have. My permission window in Calendar permission does have check boxes which indicates that my account may not use REST. Is this something provided by the server? Should I refer to my Company IT who maintain my email account on the server?

Your help will be appreciated. 

Regards,

27 Replies

@Miroslav_Matyas 

I'm by our IT-Provider that the reason in our case is, that our Exchange Server is still in version 2010, which doesn't provide the necessary protocoll for the function "Teams-Button".

@Roncagv so I followed all the steps on the post and I wasn't able to find success with Skype moving off of the invite screen. What I believe finally did work was sending out an invite from the Teams meeting request from within Teams - after I did that and restarted outlook and Teams it then gave me the option to be able to use Teams from Outlook. As a note, I am using Outlook for Mac version 16.43 / Teams 1.3.00.30874 using MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1

Solved!

I was able to solve this problem with simple one step. Just enabled “Try New Outlook” button at the right hand top corner. It relaunched outlook with New UI.

Then, I tried to create new meeting request. And Voila! Teams radio button started showing up next to location box.

This simple fix solved the problem.

Solved!

I was able to solve this problem with simple one step. Just enabled “Try New Outlook” button at the right hand top corner. It relaunched outlook with New UI.

Then, I tried to create new meeting request. And Voila! Teams radio button started showing up next to location box.

This simple fix solved the problem.

@jbosma 

I am running office 365 outlook version 16.45 and teams does not display. I believe this is caused by resolution of the display.

@AKISUAE Oh gosh, finally i had a solution for this. I realise that an older volume license was installed hence causing the Teams button to not show up. To check what type of license you have, click on the About Outlook and you should see it. Only O365 License will then show the Teams icon when setting up Meetings. Download the tool from this page : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/how-to-remove-office-license-files-on-a-mac-b032c0f6-a431...

Quit all your Office apps and run the tool. Restarting your Outlook and it should prompt you to re-log in to your Office 365 account. 

Voila~! 

HI Everyone, I have had the same issue (Outlook for Mac 16.65). However, I can add a teams meeting directly from Outlook by EITHER:
a/ In calendar, rather than choosing a timeslot directly, select the 'meeting' icon from the ribbon. The teams button then displays.
or..
b/ Create your calendar appointment as usual, then select the dropdown arrow in 'location' and select 'Microsoft Teams'.

@AKISUAE 

The only thing that helped me was resetting the license and logging in with a new corporate account. Microsoft has a tool to remove the corporate license.

If you run this and then log back into Outlook, the Create Commands button will appear.