SOLVED

Outlook 365 Dialog Font Too Small In Popup Dialogs

Copper Contributor

Hi!

In Outlook 365, the popup dialog boxes used to display error messages, contacts when composing a message, and other places are using a really small font. See the attached screen clip.

Has anyone else seen this? It seems like I have seen this before, but every search I've done returns information on how to change the font in messages and message folders.

Does anyone know how to reset it to a normal size? Other dialog boxes (MessageBoxes) from other apps on my system display correctly.

Note that this is NOT a Message Folder or Message View issue. The problem is only in the various dialog boxes that Outlook pops up to display status and other things.

Thanks!

--- Sleepy

Microsoft Outlook (365): 16.0.17231.20084

Windows 10 Pro: 19045.3930

Outlook.JPG

1 Reply
best response confirmed by SleepyInSeattle (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi!

"I have met the enemy, and the enemy is me!" :face_with_rolling_eyes:

I want 3 shortcuts on my Windows Start Menu: Email, Calendar and Contacts. Ideally each shortcut would launch Outlook with the proper command line parameters to select the desired function.

The "obvious" way to create the shortcuts works fine until you pin them to the Start Menu. At that point Program Manager treats all the shortcuts as if they were the same.

This is apparently not an uncommon problem. I've seen reports of people having similar problems when they create multiple shortcuts to launch the same application with different command line parameters, and then pin them to the Start Menu. I implemented the suggested workaround and I ended up with three different shortcuts that I could pin to the Start Menu.

Hooray! :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes: Almost. :sad_but_relieved_face: That workaround appears to confuse Outlook. As I originally reported, some of the fonts went goofy. I also discovered that when viewing/changing my accounts I was presented with the old account setup UI instead of the new one. (I actually prefer the old one. :grinning_face:) I'm suspecting that other gremlins were lying in wait.

So, I backed out the suggested workaround and invented one of my own.

So far, so good.

Cheers!

--- Sleepy

Start Menu with the three shortcuts.Start Menu with the three shortcuts.

Taskbar showing each selected function.Taskbar showing each selected function.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SleepyInSeattle (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi!

"I have met the enemy, and the enemy is me!" :face_with_rolling_eyes:

I want 3 shortcuts on my Windows Start Menu: Email, Calendar and Contacts. Ideally each shortcut would launch Outlook with the proper command line parameters to select the desired function.

The "obvious" way to create the shortcuts works fine until you pin them to the Start Menu. At that point Program Manager treats all the shortcuts as if they were the same.

This is apparently not an uncommon problem. I've seen reports of people having similar problems when they create multiple shortcuts to launch the same application with different command line parameters, and then pin them to the Start Menu. I implemented the suggested workaround and I ended up with three different shortcuts that I could pin to the Start Menu.

Hooray! :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes: Almost. :sad_but_relieved_face: That workaround appears to confuse Outlook. As I originally reported, some of the fonts went goofy. I also discovered that when viewing/changing my accounts I was presented with the old account setup UI instead of the new one. (I actually prefer the old one. :grinning_face:) I'm suspecting that other gremlins were lying in wait.

So, I backed out the suggested workaround and invented one of my own.

So far, so good.

Cheers!

--- Sleepy

Start Menu with the three shortcuts.Start Menu with the three shortcuts.

Taskbar showing each selected function.Taskbar showing each selected function.

View solution in original post