Outlook 2016 deleted internet calenders keep reappearing

Brass Contributor

I have deleted internet calendars which keep reappearing. When I tick the box in Outlook 2016 it pops-up with: "This object was deleted." Afterwards it disappears from the list.

After a while (after restart?) it reappears. At this moment, I noticed it even makes double and triple versions of calendars which do not exist anymore.

Any ideas to solve this?

Thanks

16 Replies

I have the same issue. Every time I open Outlook a new Internet Calendar appear. I've tried everything, even reinstalled Windows to get a clean start but somehow Outlook keeps adding this calendar. 

It also adds the "Internet Calendar Subscriptions.pst" subscription file in C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook. 

What's going on?

I have the same issue. Every time I open Outlook a new Internet Calendar appear. I've tried everything, even reinstalled Windows to get a clean start but somehow Outlook keeps adding this calendar. 

It also adds the "Internet Calendar Subscriptions.pst" subscription file in C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook. 

What's going on?

...and judging by this interface and the fact that it added two replies; one with one image attached, and one with two of the same image attached should probably tell us that M$ has more than one bug to correct.

We are almost two years down the road, and i still encounter this problem… no fix for me yet...

I found the bug after hours of painstaking error searching! When using a shared internet calendar, there is an option (marked yellow in the screenshot) to display the calendar on all computers with the default account in Outlook. 
Having this marked seriously messes up Outlook. After I turned it off on my work computer, the errors when away. Scary enough, this is selected by default. 

So, solution: Review all computers with Outlook and remove/disable all internet calendars. Add them back one by one and ensure you disable the "Display this calendar on other computers with the account:" 
As an added security, I went into the folder C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook and deleted the internet caledar pst file too to ensure it's completely removed. 

Never mind. Outlook just decided to go back to old habits. Still corrupt. &%¤#!%¤/"#/((!"½

I was having the same problem and found a solution that worked for me - I had to delete old linked devices from my Microsoft Account.

Over the years I've had three computers, all of which were linked to my MS Account.  I went in and deleted all of the ones I don't have anymore, then deleted the internet calendars, and three weeks in, they have not reappeared.

Here is how to delete old devices: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026440/microsoft-store-manage-your-devices

Give it a try and let me know if this works for you.

Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately this did not change anything for me.  Outlook still insists on adding my Google Internet calendar over and over again....

Have you tried using Shift + Delete?

@jayson95757 

I haven't.  What does that do that Delete by itself doesn't do?

@DBonnerThis worked for me (at least, until now, fingers crossed...). Thanks!

@Roel_Schipper @DBonner - sorry, removing old computers from my MS account did not work, calendars reappeared after some minutes...

@Tim Jonker 

I think I figured out a solution.  I have the newest version of Outlook Version 2105.  Anyway, I went to the Calendar view , right clicked on "internet calendars", deleted group.  I then went into the folders view of Outlook, found the Internet Calendars, then "closed group".  After I closed Outlook and re-opened, they did not appear.  I also took the advice of someone else on this thread and went to the App Data folder and deleted the Internet Calendars pst and deleted it.  Hope this works. 

I found a way you can stop the calendars from downloading anymore as mine were causing send and receive errors and stopping mail from downloading. You need to go to the send and receive tag, then send and receive groups, when the window opens edit all accounts, you'll see the internet calendars icon, choose that and untick the calendars you don't want to use. hope this helps.
I found the send and receive section for the internet calendars, which means they're not deleted, can't find the source for mine but I have stopped them working. Go to the send and receive tag next to Home on Outlook, Send and receive groups, (below the tag) then the windows opens and press the edit button for all accounts. press the internet calendar icon on the next window that opens and then uncheck the calendars you no longer want..Hope this helps.