Navigation Bar Moving to the Left Will Become A PERMANENT CHANGE

Brass Contributor

Okay users. We know there's a temporary fix for this. But MS has opted over the past few years to ignore the multiple requests for this to not be made permanent.

Microsoft will eventually be taking away the option to switch the bar back.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/customize-the-navigation-bar-35a16e69-24a2-48e5-831f-77d5...

Community, make your voices heard. Find every avenue you can to voice the numerous and valid reasons for Microsoft to stop this change. For users with visual and mobility issues, the change has a massive impact. Further, the change is not suitable and workable across all devices. The change is problematic for those using multiple screens. The list goes on and on (just read the numerous posts listing all the problems).

Microsoft, we've been challenging you for years to step up but you've yet to convince us you're listening.

Prove me wrong: do not make this feature permanent.

3 Replies

@42forall Thank you for confirming what I had thought all along.

Remember 2016 and 2019 are unsupported in October 2025.

Thanks @42forall...
My best guess; another 21 year old designer who has never used anything for more than 7 minutes decided to change this because it was convenient for some other development going on.... this person will probably shortly propose the start button to be removed also :)