navigation bar moved to left

Iron Contributor

Dears,

The navigation bar has been moved to the left. How can I change it back to be on the bottom?

1.png 

416 Replies
Txs Alex ! This reg fix worked for me.
This is the solution as on 08 Nov 2022.
Thanks and it worked for me, restart the computer afterwards.

From

Outlook for Windows: New location for the Mail, Calendar, People, and other modules (microsoft.com)

>>

Update Nov. 9, 2022

Version 2211 will introduce a temporary option to hide the new experience and return to the classic Outlook navigation bar. If you choose to opt out and see the prompt for feedback, please take a few moments to submit your reasons. Outlook may also invite you to re-evaluate the new experience when new apps or more app-related functionality is introduced in the future.

<<

It's only temporary at this point, so please continue to leave comments in the feedback threads. 

Navigation bar chnge · Community (microsoft.com)

@Diane Poremsky 

Thats a great option however I dont see it on my Outlook 365.  This morning software level shows

Version 2210: November 08

Version 2210 (Build 15726.20202)

@gacoon  It's not in that build - you need the next one, should be in about 2 weeks. 

I'm in the beta channel and it is available here. 

DianePoremsky_0-1668185277136.png

@Diane Poremsky 

OK thanks, I will watch for it

@MBZ1_ The navigation could remain on the left for me but is there any way to move the icons/buttons to the bottom of the bar/closer to the start button and taskbar? The User Experience for this change is very frustrating due to the typical user interface expecting tasks/windows to be found at the bottom of the screen.

@MBZ1_ 

There's a Microsoft UserVoice feedback to request Microsoft allow us to move the navigation bar back down without fiddling with the registry files. Please upvote https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/458b491d-d064-ed11-a81b-000d3a045ff7 

@tolgac 

Worked like a charm.....Thanks so much

Outlook updated last night (Version 2211 Build 16.0.15831.20098) 64-bit) and now the "Coming Soon" option is gone - as is the Journal icon in the Navigation Bar and, most distressingly, the CTRL-8 shortcut to the Journal. I have used the new Shortcut option as a workaround but will miss the simpler keyboard shortcut.
This worked for me. Easier than i expected. thank you

@jl246 

Ugh, this just happened to me this morning also, the new look is showing and a hate it.  Tried to change it via steps I saw here and it didn't work, does anyone know a way to revert it back to the original look?

@JBojarskiMassively frustrating. The irony is this is an accessibility issue and yet there is no option within the Accessibility feature to makes this bar accessible. So !*&^$%$#%&^!*& at the MS upper management moron who insisted this bar be permanently docked.

@JBojarski 

It's the new design, and Microsoft wants you to use it. They have given us a temporary reprieve - build 2211 allows you to "snooze" the feature of File > Options > Advanced - Show apps in Outlook. If you have all updates installed and are in Current channel, you should have this setting in Options.

DianePoremsky_1-1670855744127.png

Please vote for and comment on this suggestion - hopefully they will add a permanent solution for people who want to remove it.

https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/c4da6df0-a9a0-ec11-a81c-000d3a0eaac7

If you have an older version of Outlook, you can add a string value named Microsoft.Office.Outlook.Hub.HubBar to the key below and set it to False, then restart Outlook. (It's only a short term fix, although right now, we don't know how short term.) 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\ExperimentConfigs\ExternalFeatureOverrides\outlook

If you don't want to edit the registry, I have a ready to use reg file at the end of this article - 
https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/outlooks-left-navigation-bar/

@Diane Poremsky 

Your solution worked.

Today is 12/12/2022. I woked up with my navigation on the left . I search google, found this forum and found that your suggestion is the only one that worked for me and my navigation is now on the bottom.

Thank you again for sharing .

@MBZ1_ 

On Outlook go to options - Advanced - Outlook panes - Uncheck show apps in outlook. That will change it to the previous view and move the navigation to the bottom.

If this helps, please like this solution.

Regards

Arif