marking a task on outlook calendar without creating an appointment

Copper Contributor

I run drop in appointments via Teams a couple of times a week which people in my organisation can book onto using Microsoft Bookings. Often, no one turns up to these, so I end up using the time that has been set aside for other things. 

I also like to use my calendar as a "to do" list (I have ADHD, and I like to not have to look in too many different places for things I've written down). Not infrequently, I end up adding tasks to the times in my calendar that are meant to be set aside as available for people to book surgeries in, thereby making it impossible for them to book appointments at these times. 

I'd like to be able to put something in the calendar as a visual reminder to me that this time is blocked out, without thereby preventing people from booking at all. 

1 Reply

Hi @Warner655,

as far as I know there is no built-in feature in Outlook so you can see the Tasks directly in Calender.

But, you can use the To-Do (Tasks) app in outlook to see all your created tasks.

Create Tasks in Outlook Calendar:

• You can add tasks directly to your Outlook calendar without creating formal appointments. These tasks serve as visual reminders and won’t block out time for others to book appointments.
  • Here’s how to do it:
    1. Sign in to your Outlook Calendar.
    2. Click the arrow-down button on the right side of the New button.
    3. From the drop-down list, select Task.
    4. Enter the task details (subject, date, priority, etc.).
    5. If you’d like a reminder, select the Reminder checkbox.
    6. Save the task.

Create tasks and a to-do list in Outlook - Microsoft Support

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)