Marketing Email Problems

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

I'm helping a company get up and running reaching out to all available clients rather then just the ones within a few miles of the company. I operate off of a gov issued list of licensed businesses, so I sent an email to all 2,200 licenses. As expected many returned as could not be delivered, and there was a limit to the amount of emails I could include in one send off which was 550. The problem is that there isn't a clear interface on which emails returned as could not be delivered, is there an easy way to get that or do I have to comb through and dig them out individually? 

I've never really sent marketing emails before, so any resources or pointers you want to give me are more then welcome. Thank you. 

4 Replies

@Andrew88 

I am an independent advisor responding to this inquiry.

In this case, respectfully, it is a trial, error, and lesson learned. 

For future submissions, you can turn on Delivery Receipt but make sure to create a Rule to move all DR and Sent confirmations to a separate folder.  You do not want 2.2k items in your Inbox and Sent folder.  (My lesson learned from many years ago.  :grinning_face:)

Also, I recommend sending the emails during off-peak hours. Allow time between batches as a safeguard (my personal best practice). I worked closely with the IT Administrator to determine these times.

You are already aware of the limitation per submission. I always made sure the addresses were sent in the BCC field alphabetically.

Reasons. 1, you do not want to share the addresses with others.

2 It helps if any unknown issues arise. Then you know which batch was impacted. 

I wish you well on your future marketing projects. Feel free to ask any other questions.

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as the best answer or like it, which will assist others with the same question.

/Teresa

#traccreations4e

どうもご丁寧に
ありがとうございます。こちらITを活用し日本産業の再建に貢献したい次第です。
了解しました。ありがとうございます。失敗のないように頑張ります。
You got this.