I have removed my hotmail account accidentally, how can i restore this?

Copper Contributor

I accidentally (Saturday 5/4/2024) deleted my hotmail account and am desperately looking for a way to get it back, preferably with content.

It went as follows:

In account settings, > your details > Manage your email address or phone number for login > I initially added my business email address under account aliases

Next, I set my business address as the primary alias.

Then I deleted my email, not knowing that it would mean deleting my account completely.

I can't log in to my hotmail account anymore.

Please can you help me to restore my email account

3 Replies

Hi @dghuman,

to try to regain access to your account, you can try to use the Recovery Form: 

Microsoft provides a recovery form that you can fill out to verify your identity and regain access to your account. Here is how to use it:

• Go to the Microsoft account recovery page: https://account.live.com/acsr
    • Enter your Hotmail email address that you are trying to recover.
    • Provide an alternate email address where Microsoft can contact you about your case.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and provide as much information as possible. This may include recent passwords, subject lines of recent emails, and other account details.
    • After submitting the form, Microsoft will review your information and respond to the alternate email address you provided with instructions to recover your account.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)

@LeonPavesic Thank you so much for giving the tips. I did try to fill out the form it gave me error message (The Microsoft account you've entered does not exist.). seems like they permanently deleted that account, I don't know how they can do that. I have that email last 35 years and has all my all info, history data.  Thanks again for you time for replying to this message.

Hi @dghuman,

thanks for the update.

As you mentioned that you deleted the account on 4th of May 2024, your account should not be deleted forever.

I recommend you to contact the Microsoft Support directly: https://support.microsoft.com

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)