How to send mails with pre-programmed dates in Outlook?

Copper Contributor

Is it possible, with a script, to produce a file understandable by Outlook, containing several events and dates, and send automatiquely a invite by mail to the persons concerned by these events, just a few hours or days, before they happen?

My input file will be a .txt file containing several lines:

Date1 Event1 albert@xxx.com

Date2 Event2 georges@yyy.com

Albert will have to receive a invite mail a few hours before Event1 to participate to it, same for Georges for the next Event2.

Thanks

12 Replies
That's possible. You have to create yourself or hire someone to create a VBA script or an add-in for Outlook (assuming your Outlook is always run). If you need Outlook-independent solution and you work against Office 365, Microsoft Power Automate flow can help.

@Victor IvanidzeThanks Victor. I don't know neither VBA nor Microsoft Power Automate Flow, so it's not going to be easy....

I began to search some Power Automate models but pages only responded : "Error 404 page not found".

Could please send me models of pre-programmed e-mail sending? 

Hi @francois_75,

I'd rather recommend to hire someone. 

@francois_75 

Hello

The free version of Outlook Live provides this, write a message now and you have the choice of sending later and opens a calendar with the date of your choice - Christmas wishes, birthday - so I send it works well.

Zrzut ekranu 2021-08-18 165707.png

Thanks Andrzej, but that was not exactly what I was looking for. I already get outlook in office365, and I know how to send one delayed message to a particular address manually.
What I want it to automatize the process. I have a list of persons to whom I want to send a message at a particular date (see my example in my first mail).
For example I want that Albert receives a message on date 1 and Georges on date2 automatically from the information I entered in my list. I don't want to do it manually.
Thank you for the clarification.
But I think it is better to ask a technical question in another Forum .
good luck
I am sorry but I am rather disappointed not to find a solution on a Microsoft software on a Microsoft forum.

Hi @francois_75,

don't be offended, but I cannot understand the reason of your disappointing.

You have asked: is this possible? I gave you the answer: yes that's possible assuming you are ready to write some code. If you cannot write a code yourself, then hire someone.

Thanks Victor for your fast answer. I am disappointed because I am working in an academic research environment and we don't have bugdet for hire people for those tasks. On my side, I am used to share code on collaborative forums. So this situation is kind of new for me. Why don't share an already resembling written code with me and explaining how to modify and use it?

Hi @francois_75, it might be I'm wrong but it seems there is no any "already resembling written code".  Try to find something useful at  https://www.slipstick.com/  though. Good luck.

Thanks Victor, I was foolishly thinking that someone would have been already asked the same question, which seems at first glance quite obvious "I need to send several emails at programmed dates to a list of selected collaborators (through a text file contaning all the information). I am surprized that nobody ever need this functionality. It would help a lot. Too bad for me !
I believe in your academic environment exists at least one sysadmin.
Try to ask him/her to create a script.