Export entire mailbox from web interface

Copper Contributor

I would like to export my entire sent mailbox through the web interface (I don't care about the format - mbox, pst, don't care). I have not figured out a way to do it, except by using an outlook client. I would like to do it from the web though.

Any suggestions? I can't believe it's not possible.

Thank you.

4 Replies
Are you using Outlook.com, office 365 or your ISP?

Outlook.com: you can export the entire mailbox to a pst in the web interface.

For everything else, you need to use Outlook or another client. Office 365 business does not have a web export feature. (It's possible other email hosts might have an export option - you'll need to check with the host. )

@Diane Poremsky I am using outlook.office.com with an office365 account provided by a third party (I also have a personal office365 account, but this is not it).

Thanks.

F. 

So its a business account - the only option is syncing with Outlook or another client. Then you can export or drag to the desktop to save.

Unfortunately, exporting your entire mailbox directly from Outlook.com web interface isn't possible for Office 365 business accounts. This functionality is limited to personal Outlook.com accounts.

However, there are two alternative approaches you can consider:

Use Desktop Outlook with Import/Export:

This method involves downloading and installing the Outlook desktop application. It leverages the application's import/export feature to create a PST file containing your mailbox data.

• Download and install the Microsoft Outlook desktop application compatible with your Office 365 version.
  • Configure the desktop app to use your Office 365 email account.

Follow these steps to export your mailbox:

1. Open Outlook desktop and go to File.
  2. Click Open & Export and then Import/Export.
  3. Choose Export to a file and click Next.
  4. Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
  5. Choose the mailbox folders you want to export (entire mailbox for all folders) and click Next.
  6. Select a location on your computer to save the PST file and click Finish.

2. Third-party Paid Tools for Multiple Outlook 365 mailbox

Research and choose a reputable cloud migration tool that supports Office 365 mailbox exports. However, you can also consider Shoviv Office 365 Export tool for this task. This tool typically guides you through a setup process to connect to your Office 365 account and specify export options (format, destination, etc.).

Easy Steps to Export mailbox from Outlook Web

1. Run the Office 365 Export Tool in System.
  2. Connect with O365 to create a connection.
  3. Choose Backup path to create backup directory.
  4. Select desired mailbox and create backup job.
  5. Run the backup job to Export OWA mailbox.

Choosing the Right Method:

• If you're comfortable using the desktop application and don't mind the extra steps, the free desktop Outlook method might be suitable.
  • If you prioritize ease of use, speed, or potentially need to migrate to a different platform besides Outlook, consider a third-party tool (though it will incur a cost).

Read thus guide to Import and Export PST file in Outlook Web (OWA)