Constant crashing?

Copper Contributor

Hello folks.

Really don't know the correct terminology for this problem. Do suspect it is common though. 

Many times during the day, it appears that my Outlook crashes. I will start with the problem description. I am unable to use Outlook and usually I will have a greyed out small symbol in the task bar. Signifying a problem.

The solution that I had been taught was to go to the start button, press it, then simultaneously press control+shift+escape, bringing up the task manager. Then, when this was open, I scroll down to Microsoft Outlook, highlight it, then press 'end task'. This can happen between 10-20 times a day.

I have endured this for at least a year. For the most part, I was always busy and under the gun, so I put up with it. Now, with a bit more time on my hands, it is on my list of IT problems that I would like to permanently remove. 

Is there anyone here who is able to assist me with this constant irritant and its removal?

Thanks

No Middle Name.

2 Replies
"Outlook Not Responding" error - solutions for hanging, freezing and crashing problems
Remove hanging Outlook processes.
Start Outlook in Safe mode.
Disable your Outlook add-ins.
Close all open programs and applications.
Repair your Outlook data files.
Reduce the size of your mailbox and Outlook data file.
This may help you,
Rachel Gomez
Thanks very much for this. It is a step in the right direction-a possible solution. It is becoming apparent to me that this is really part of a multi-faceted issue. This is how I understand it, it may in fact not be. I will try the solution you've suggested, and will let you (& other members) know how things go!

No Middle Name