Cannot Uninstall Zoom Plug In for Outlook

Copper Contributor

Hi All 

I cannot uninstall the Zoom outlook plug in from my outlook. Can you please help? 

It seems there is a file missing or a resource is unavailable in my PC.

So when I am trying to uninstall the Zoom outlook plug in the file that was supposed to be uninstalled cannot be found. I get a message that the path C:\users\pboza\Appdata\Roaming\ZoomPlugin\CheckForUpdate\5.3.52819.0925.msi cannot be found. The installation package 5.3.52819.0925.msi  is missing and therefore cannot be uninstalled. The problem is that the plug in remains in my outlook and cannot remove it from my Settings > Apps and Features. 

Thanks

Petros

11 Replies

@PetrosBoz following, as I have the exact same problem.

@Edwin_van_S 

Same problem here - I still have not seen any responses - any success?

Thanks!

Yes, in the end I have installed Revo Uninstaller Pro on my system, removed the Zoom app whilst Outlook was closed and subsequently reinstalled Zoom. That did the job.

@Edwin_van_S 

Thanks!  When you say you removed Zoom app, did you mean just the Outlook Zoom plugin or the entire Zoom software?

Thanks!

I have uninstalled both just to be sure and reinstalled both with the newest versions.
I appreciate it. I tried as you said, installed the Revo Uninstaller Pro, but even with tat, it would not let me remove the "missing" msi file. It still wants me to find it. Tried various functions of the Revo software, including the forced remove msi function. Still no luck. Thanks for you help and I will keep on digging!
I am sorry that this did not work. Have you tried perhaps to do the same in safe mode? Maybe this could help (or not.....)?
Hi Edwin - I spoke too soon. I kept playing around with the various Revo tools and finally got it to "remove" the missing .msi file and was then able to install the Zoom Outlook plugin update. Also Revo had a half price sale for Valentines' Day (go figure). So thanks for your help - I was able to fix the issue that, while not major, was just annoying me :) Thanks again!
Glad to hear! These things can creep under your skin if not resolved, so glad it did!

@PetrosBoz Since this is a Microsoft community talking about a Microsoft product, why is someone offering 3rd party software to uninstall a Microsoft product? Isn't there a Zoom Removal tool? All good/ but Intrusive software applications have them. Can someone please give me the Registry Entries or the Zoom Outlook Plugin Removal tool to uninstall this plugin? Then I can reinstall. I uninstalled office365 desktop suite but, because of Microsoft 0365 account, the zoom plugin persists along with BROKEN plugins after uninstalling and reinstalling Office365.

As a side note: I don't think the *.msi file it is searching for is correct because its different for me. It is pulling some RANDOM .MSI file that has nothing to do with Zoom Uninstallation.

I had a similar problem for about a year now where I could not upgrade or uninstall the Zoom Outlook Plugin.  I was finally able to update (haven't tried uninstall yet) the Zoom Outlook Plugin by going to the register editor "Computer->HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products" and going through the entries until I found one with a ProductName of Zoom Outlook Plugin.  I then deleted that key and rebooted.  After that, the missing .msi message was gone when I attempted to update the plugin.  I was able to update the plugin to the latest version.  I would think after that I (and you) would be able to uninstall the plugin if desired.  Hope this helps.