Adding the Conditional Formatting Rule name as a column in outlook

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I have approx 30 different Conditional Formatting Rules for my Outlook inbox, 16 of these are set to search for specific words sets of words within the subject field and message body and highlight them accordingly. I want to create a new column heading in my Inbox that will show the name of the rule (or rules) that are being applied to an incoming message, so I can sort for emails that meet specific rule criteria.

Many thanks 

David

2 Replies

@detectingdavid 

To my knowledge, it is not possible to add the name of the Conditional Formatting rule as a column in Outlook.

However, there is a workaround that you can try:

1. Create a new category for each Conditional Formatting rule that you have set up in Outlook.
  2. Apply the corresponding category to each email that meets the criteria of the corresponding rule.
  3. Add the "Categories" column to your Inbox view.
  4. Now you can sort your emails by category, which will show you which rule(s) were applied to each email.

Note: This workaround will only work if you have set up a separate category for each rule. If you have multiple rules that use the same category, this method will not differentiate between them.