Disable Onedrive

Copper Contributor

I have MS365 free 5GB but I cancelled MS 365. Still have onedrive that is downloading my pics, file and videos from my computer to Onedrive. How can I disable,stop downloading, completely get rid of onedrive without losing my pics,files, videos.

I do not have a cloud icon on my notification taskbar

Once I sign in to onedrive I do not have  settings to unsync

At this point I want to disasociate

5 Replies

@Mike Williams 

I don't have these options- no OneDrive cloud icon,no OneDrive Help and Settings icon  then Settings      no

1. Account tab.

2. Select Unlink this PC.

and to stop subscription to MS 365 I cancelled a long time ago.

Windows

1. Open OneDrive settings (select the OneDrive cloud icon in your notification area, and then select the OneDrive Help and Settings icon  then Settings.)

2. Go to the Account tab.

3. Select Unlink this PC.

macOS

Obviously we can't look over your shoulder or mind read. We don't even know what platform you're using.

If OneDrive is not running then it is not "downloading my pics, file and videos from my computer to Onedrive"

@Mike Williams 

You won't lose files or data by uninstalling OneDrive from your computer. You can always access your files by signing in to OneDrive.com.

I want to get rid of OneDrive, cancel it completely no more signing in no more OneDrive holding my files, pics, videos.Is there a way to do this? Or I can delete everything on OneDrive.I have Win 10 on my PC. I have no subscription, the plan is free 5 GB. Need to get rid of free plan.

Literally the first google result for uninstall or disable OneDrive is: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe...