Microsoft To-Do Crashes when I try to group by category

Copper Contributor

Microsoft To-Do Crashes when I select the "group by category" link. It displays a blank screen. I tried the online version of To-Do, and the version within outlook. Same result. Please help!

simon1234_0-1702485944452.png

8 Replies

+1. Same problem here. Makes To-Do effectively unusable for me.

I had the same issue and solved it. In my case the cause was that I used a category which was no longer in the list of my categories (deleted in Outlook categories list but still in use by a task). 

After I removed this category from the respective task and assigned it another category from the recent categories list the issue was gone.

Thanks a lot! I can confirm that removing such categories from tasks solved the issue also for me.
Worked for me too. Thanks!
Replying to you in case the fix from PeterKatemann in this thread helps.
Experiencing crashes or display issues in Microsoft To-Do can be frustrating. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem: ### 1. **Update Microsoft To-Do:** - Ensure that you are using the latest version of Microsoft To-Do. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements. ### 2. **Browser Compatibility (For Online Version):** - If you are using the online version of Microsoft To-Do, try accessing it using a different browser. Some issues may be browser-specific. ### 3. **Clear Browser Cache (For Online Version):** - If using the online version, clear your browser's cache and cookies to ensure a clean and up-to-date session. ### 4. **Try Another Device:** - If the issue persists, try accessing Microsoft To-Do on a different device to see if the problem is device-specific. ### 5. **Check for Service Outages:** - Visit the Microsoft 365 Service Health Dashboard to check for any service outages or issues that might be affecting Microsoft To-Do. ### 6. **Check for Conflicting Add-ins (For Outlook Integration):** - If you are using Microsoft To-Do within Outlook, disable any third-party add-ins that might be conflicting with To-Do. ### 7. **Reset App Settings (For Desktop Version):** - If you are using the desktop version of Microsoft To-Do, you can try resetting the app settings. In the Settings or Options menu, look for an option to reset or restore defaults. ### 8. **Contact Microsoft Support:** - If the issue persists and none of the above steps resolve the problem, consider reaching out to Microsoft Support for assistance. They may provide specific guidance based on your system and configuration. ### 9. **Provide Feedback:** - If you can, use the feedback or support options within Microsoft To-Do to report the issue directly to Microsoft. This helps them identify and address the problem. ### 10. **Check Event Viewer (For Windows Desktop Version):** - If using the Windows desktop version, check the Event Viewer for any error messages related to Microsoft To-Do crashes. This might provide additional insights. Remember to keep your operating system, browsers, and Microsoft To-Do app up to date for the best performance and to benefit from the latest bug fixes.

@simon1234 This fixed my problem! Was about to give up. Had one flagged email with a Category that I had renamed. Changed that one Category to the new name and now Flagged emails will sort by Categories again. Thank you!!

Same here, look for changed/deleted category (grey icon in my case) and this solved the issue!