You don't have access to this org in Teams.Select another org, or contcat your admin

Copper Contributor

This user is within my organisation and not a guest but when she tries to open Teams we get 

You don't have access to this org in Teams.Select another org, or contcat your admin

She was a member of another org in MS Teams previously using the same email address as her organisational one.

We logged onto account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com and deleted the other org but a) teams still remembers it and b) we still can't log on to the actual organisation she is a member of

Help!

35 Replies

@iqbalbedi Today, I have got same your trouble. I had contacted to IT administrator. He told me changed a new license and get it back might be resolve this problem.

Does anyone have a way of solving this?  It keeps forcing me to login with an old organization that I no longer belong to.

@AzitaManson 

After hours I found a solution. Access Teams adm center/Users -> https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/users

On top has a link to Amin center > Users. Click, and manage user lincenses worked to me.

Hi @michael_baldwin,

We faced the same issue, follow your instruction after 2 days ago.

My team issues not fix, could you advise other one?

Hello,

I figured out this issue within 01 week and fixed. 

Access to Microsoft  365 admin center > settings (left sidebar) > Org settings > select "Microsoft Teams" > the panel show on the right and then tick to "turn on".

Please see this in the attached file.

In my case, this issue was mainly related to the assigned Product Licenses for this user. so, I would suggest asking your global admin to review your assigned license in Microsoft Admin Center as mentioned at You don't have access to the org in Teams.

For me worked administrating services directly under M365 License subscription on AAD site https://aad.portal.azure.com/. Accidentially there was Teams switched off.

Tuttman_0-1635585443857.png

None of this works for me! It's me and my computers (desktop and laptop). Since Teams did an update a short while ago, I can only access one guest account - thankfully it's the one I use every week.

I can't access my own organisation and I can't access another company I work with, so it's embarrassing.

I don't have an admin centre (I am my own administrator). I've deleted Teams and the %appdata% files and reinstalled, but it's no different. What do I try next???

If I had a pound for every minute I've wasted trying to fix this, I wouldn't need the lottery!!!

@mtrevisto 

I can get as far as the USERS bit, but don't know then how to get to the last stage which looks like PLANS...

@Jeremy_Curtis 

In case this is still an issue for you:

Go to Users, then select a user, then Licenses (on the left), then click the product shown in the right pane.  You should then see the on/off options. 

Is anyone else using 365 Apps for GCC and having this same issue?

I don't have Teams as an option when I look at what licenses are turned on per user.

365.png

@michael_baldwin 

Happened to me in 2024!

I resolved it by going to https://admin.microsoft.com/Adminportal/Home#/users 

Selecting myself, and going to the licenses section, I found the Microsoft Teams license, unchecked it, checked it back immediately, and then saved it. Then reopened Teams and it worked as expected.

This was suggested by other users in this thread.

I hope this helps to someone :white_heavy_check_mark:

@Tuttman This sort of worked for me. It was already enabled. So I turned if Off, saved it, and then turned it back on again and saved. After that I was was able to connect in.

I have stuffed around with this for hours. Glad I am now connected but really, this shouldn't be that hard and MS need to puck up their game.