Use PC screen to display video and audio, but use phone for camera

Copper Contributor

Hi

I'm fairly new to Teams, but would like to set up a call with various users with the video and audio of those people showing on my PC screen and coming through my PC speakers, but use my iPhone as the source of my audio and video.

Is that possible?

I have Microsoft Teams app on iPhone plus the software on my PC.

Thanks
Greg

6 Replies

@GregH445 

As I understand it, this is not currently possible.

You could, however, use a PSTN call in number on the meeting invite to have the audio on your phone, but that's about the closest you could get.  

@Matthew Frahm I think you're wrong.  I'm pretty sure you can join a meeting from both a PC and a phone.  You do need to be careful that both microphones are not on because of the squealing. 

@Tony Derricott I just tried this... joining my own meeting from two devices.  I was able to join from two endpoints, but... I couldn't see video input/output or hear audio input/output.

This with Desktop and Android apps.

Granted, I was the only participant, so perhaps that was an issue as well.  

What happens when you try?

@Matthew Frahm 

I joined on my MacBook and on my iPhone.  I could see myself on each camera but I didn't see 2 videos appear on either device.  Might need a 3rd person in the meeting to see what they can see.

@GregH445I have a similar question- I'm teaching and I'd like to use my phone as a document camera. I have the Teams app (iOS), and I was in a Teams meeting that I set up, but I couldn't find the meeting on my device, nor could I find the code to join. 

Is this because I set up the meeting through a 3rd party service (our school's learning management system)?

@GregH445 

You can definitely join from two devices. One use case is using the shared White Board app on an iPad and using the laptop for audio/video/chat.

I did try to talk on my ipad but had my laptop volume on and created an echo. But i think if you had audio and microphone only from one device (either device) it should be fine.