SOLVED

Teams signing into old organization (same email address) Mac/Ventura 13.4

Copper Contributor

For the past week I've repeatedly had Teams give me a login error and enter a cycle where it automatically reboots.  I have been able to fix it by force quitting, removing all the Teams keychain items and deleting Teams from ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft, then reinstalling.  I found this solution in these forums, so thank you.

But two days later the same thing happens again and I'd like to stop it from happening.

My company is sometimes granted access to the Office environments of our clients and Teams keeps trying to sign me into a former client.  I can see this when (after several application reboots) Teams gives me an error message and I see the client's name in the URL. 

My main/normal email address is the one that was given access to the client, so it isn't an issue of using different credentials.  When I look at "My Account" in "Organizations" the client creating the error is not listed there.

How do I remove this phantom/old organizational link so Teams stops trying to send me there?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Media608 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Media608 I guess you need to remove more https://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-completely-uninstall-microsoft-teams-on-mac/ I also use a maccleaner app to fully remove everything.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a LikeLikeLike

visit my youtube channel KbWorks! :smile: or KbWorks.nl

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll give that a try when teams goes down again!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Media608 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Media608 I guess you need to remove more https://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/how-to-completely-uninstall-microsoft-teams-on-mac/ I also use a maccleaner app to fully remove everything.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a LikeLikeLike

visit my youtube channel KbWorks! :smile: or KbWorks.nl

View solution in original post