SOLVED

Teams occasionally "going offline?"

Copper Contributor

I keep Microsoft Teams open at all times. Sometimes when I have Teams minimized, I will show as offline to my coworkers. I won't receive any notifications of messages from any Teams and/or Chats, even if I am @'d. If I open the Teams window from my task-bar, it will show the offline symbol for everyone briefly, before eventually showing everyone's status correctly (and mine to everyone else).

My Teams notification settings are setup as attached:

TeamsNotificationSettings.png

9 Replies

@MitchellJ If you are offline then the client isn't connecting to the service, I would suggest looking at network components. Maybe something in your network firewall is preventing Teams staying connected?

I am experiencing this exact problem. Any time I minimize my Teams window I go offline. Often I will receive an email (yes, an email) from Microsoft letting me know that someone sent me a message on Teams, which prompts me to maximize the Teams window to receive the messages... seems rather insane to me.

This assuredly is not a network problem since I can repeatedly duplicate the problem simply by minimizing and maximizing the Teams window. Hopefully MS will address this problem with an update.

My W10 is 100% up to date as are all of my other apps and components.

@MitchellJ 

I have a similar issue and tried my hands on the Settings but with no luck.

Did we have any resolution from the experts or Microsoft itself? Again, none of my other colleagues seem to have this issue - just me (and may be few others). So wondering what must be causing this!

Do let me know if you happen to crack this issue.

Thanks,

@RajendraK 

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@MitchellJ 

Under Settings, General, Make sure "open Application in Background" is enabled.

sandeepdeepu_0-1593425196792.png

@MitchellJ is there any updates? I got a user experiencing the same problem, we've tried uninstalling and running a cache clearing script, nothing worked so far..

Same issue... any solutions yet?  @MitchellJ 

@DSJBPP Did you find any solution for this?  

Thanks sandeepdeepu this solved the problem for me!

@sandeepdeepuany ideas on what to try once it's been confirmed that this option was already ticked? The issue is when the app is minimised, so "opening in the background" is a startup option when restarting the machine, not the operation of the app, sadly.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@MitchellJ 

Under Settings, General, Make sure "open Application in Background" is enabled.

sandeepdeepu_0-1593425196792.png

View solution in original post