03-31-2020 10:56 AM
03-31-2020 10:56 AM
I've been setup with the Teams Business Voice license and purchased a Yealink T58A desktop phone to test this. We have an existing PBX Cisco environment we are trying to replace. I'm not sure how to fix these issues, nor if they can be.
1. When I call my Teams Number from an outside line, my Desktop phone, my mobile phone and my laptop all ring. We would never want this. If someone is calling this specific number, this will be designated as someone's Direct Line in the office phone number (as it is now). So if I'm not in the office, I don't want it calling me on my mobile, or my laptop. I don't want it calling me after I leave the office either. We don't want to have to start fiddling with business hours etc. We want to designate our Teams Business Voice Numbers to a Device ie the Teams phone we bought ie call me during the day on my direct line and if I'm not there, leave me a voicemail. For those that have my cellphone number will call me on my cellphone number. I get a lot of calls from vendors and do not want my cellphone ringing all of the time. I use the mobile app for chats and meetings not for business voice as I already have a number for my cellphone.
2. In order to call someone in our office, I can only search for them. I can't simply call a person's 4 digit extension. When I search, I have no option to choose I want to call them (default is to an audio call (not business voice) and it calls their computers/mobile app. I have no option of choosing to call their direct lines. This is what everyone that has these phones will need to do. Also, if a person has 2 numbers (direct and mobile) I can't pick. In the Teams Desktop App > Call > Contacts there is a 3 dot button that I can choose which number to pick but not on a Teams Desktop phone.
3. I can't search myself. Odd issue. I do this for testing so I can try and call my cellphone but it can't find myself in the search.
4. My cellphone is associated with my Teams/O365 account yet when I call my Teams phone from my cellphone, it doesn't display my name, my phone number or my image. It just displays my City, Province. Odd.
5. How do we control the emails that are sent for Missed Calls? Every time I miss a call I get an email. Super annoying. I'd only want an email if there is a voicemail, which also does not seem to be working. This works our Cisco phones and need the same.
12-01-2020 08:23 AM
@Mercedes Green Agreed on all points. These things are the deal-breakers for us as well. It's nice to have your phone line integrated with your Teams account. However, I think Microsoft have mis-understood their market for business voice. We all want our phone system / voice lines separated from our Teams environment in the exact ways you mentioned. Have just the spam calls alone ringing on all my devices would drive me nuts.
To add my requests onto your points:
1. Give us the ability to choose which teams devices ring for various communication methods. For example, POTS calls only ring on my Yealink phone.
2. Allow internal extension capabilities in your Teams environments, and make those behave like POTS / voice calls.
5. Add options to control these types of notifications in Teams. For example, I would only want an email notification for a voicemail, not for every missed call.