Sync sharepoint folder in Teams

Copper Contributor

We have Office 365 and use SharePoint to store the company documents, which in turn has a bi-directional link to our office NAS for added redundancy and increase speed when working locally. This all works very well.

We have a teams site available that I want to create several folders in for specific projects so we can share drawings, specifications, etc with our subcontractors that are field based. I think I have sorted out access for team members that aren't part of our organisation. However, is there a way to dynamically upload said documents by sync'ing the folder in SharePoint to the folder in Teams? As opposed to having to drag the documents over, plus some of the documents are progress sheets so would be nice if the updated.

Thanks Craig

3 Replies

@CraigPauley another way to tackle this could be to point your users to the SharePoint document libraries instead - there are two approaches to this:

1. Add a SharePoint tab that points to the document library you want. This will look and feel like the 'Files' tab for the channel. You'll just need to instruct users to use the new tab instead.
  2. Add a Document Library link to the channel's Files tab. It will open the document library in the Files tab instead of a new tab. Again, just instruct users to go to this link first and then add/edit files.

Either way, you'll need your project files in their own document library first.

@HelloBenTeoh thanks. Would this work for users outside of my organisation, i.e. guests who wouldn't normally be accessing our sharepoint?

@CraigPauley If they've joined as a guest and they already have access to the Document Libraries, you should be good to go