Suggested Replies started Showing up in the Teams Desktop App?

MVP

The Suggested Replies started Showing up in the Teams Desktop Application as well. This feature was already rolled out to the mobile version of the Teams application. 

AnoopCNair_2-1651151151241.png

The Teams mobile version suggested replies feature was already updated in the Microsoft documentation Use suggested replies to respond to messages without typing (microsoft.com)

The desktop version documentation is still not updated even though Microsoft enabled this feature for the desktop version. 

AnoopCNair_0-1651150927116.png

As per the M365 roadmap, it's already rolling out. Microsoft 365 Roadmap - See What's Coming | Microsoft 365.

Suggested replies in Teams chat uses assistive AI to create short responses based on the context of the previous message. Suggested replies present users with up to three recommended responses to choose from.

• Feature ID: 92674
  • Added to the roadmap: 3/16/2022
  • Last modified: 4/18/2022
  • Product(s): Microsoft Teams
  • Cloud instance(s): GCC High, DoD, GCC, Worldwide (Standard Multi-Tenant)
  • Platform(s): Desktop
  • Release phase(s): General Availability

I have created a quick post on how to turn off or on the Suggested Replies feature from the Teams application (desktop and mobile). You can deploy Teams using SCCM or Intune on managed Windows 11 or Windows 10 devices.

4 Replies

@Anoop C Nair thank you for the quick tip guide, that's helpful!  I am struggling to tie this back to a message center notification.  I might have missed it but this caught me by surprise today that it was active in the desktop.

it shows to my windows client this week

Does anyone know where this information calls out to? IE; an AI database?

@Anoop C Nair