Sharing PPT

Copper Contributor

Hi there, how do I ensure my PPT presentation is sitting in Teams ready to click share (instead of browsing for it).  If I have been invited to a board meeting I need to be able to seamlessly click share and then choose the PPT that I need ready to share.  Teams has 12 PPT's sitting there ready when I click share.  How does Teams select these 12 PPT's?

2 Replies

@hooperm Hello Mandy, it's the most recently used documents that are available when you click the "Share" button. In other words, if you're updating and/or fine tuning your presentation it's going to sit right there for you (note SharePoint/OneDrive).

Here's the official documentation 

"The PowerPoint section lists the most recent files you've opened or edited in your team SharePoint site or your OneDrive. If you select one of these files to present, all meeting participants will be able to view the slides during the meeting. Their access permissions to the file outside of the meeting won't change.

If you select Browse and choose to present a PowerPoint file that hasn't been uploaded to Teams before, it will get uploaded as part of the meeting. If you're presenting in a channel meeting, the file is uploaded to the Files tab in the channel, where all team members will have access to it. If you're presenting in a private meeting, the file is uploaded to your OneDrive, where only the meeting participants will be able to access it."

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/share-content-in-a-meeting-in-teams-fcc2bf59-aecd-4481-8f99...

Thanks so much!