SOLVED

Sharepoint news from other site collection to teams

Copper Contributor

Hey guys,

Is it possible to make a news feed on Sharepoint site that isn't connected to Teams and somehow get the news post send across to a Teams channel. Our Intranet and teams are on different site collections, so I'm not sure if I can use the Sharepoint news connector to do this or is it possible to somehow choose where does the Sharepoint News Feed - takes the feed for the posts?

Our scenario is that our CEO wants to send news messages sometimes to organization, and would like to see if there's somehow possibility to show a new post has been posted on Sharepoint so it would post exact same message to our Teams general chat.

Anyone does this or has ideas how to do this, I would love to hear it from you guys.

Thank you advance so much.

Matti 

4 Replies
best response confirmed by MattiH (Copper Contributor)
Solution
The default News Connector won't help here and your options are basically 2:
(1) Create your own connector that might be something not so easy
(2) Use Power Automate to post messages with the news created in the channels you want

@Juan Carlos González Martín Thanks for your time. I'll look into them. :)

Hi! How do you build this Power Automate?

@MattiH one thing you could try is sending the post email to the channel’s email address. I haven’t tried this, but it was my next step as we have basically the same use case. Now that news has the post and send feature, you could potentially use the channel email address in the standard distribution. I’ll try this tomorrow. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MattiH (Copper Contributor)
Solution
The default News Connector won't help here and your options are basically 2:
(1) Create your own connector that might be something not so easy
(2) Use Power Automate to post messages with the news created in the channels you want

View solution in original post