Office365 group is not showing while searching in MS Teams

Copper Contributor

Office365 group is not showing while searching in MS Teams

4 Replies

@Teamsandviya  if you are using Exchange online to create M365 groups this is an expected behavior the best approach is to create groups from the Admin center.

Go to Your Admin Center on the left rail there is groups option click on that and then select groups and you can create M365 groups from there which will then be available on Microsoft Teams to create teams from it.

Pervaiz Dostiyar_0-1590788141075.png

@PDostiyar  Hi, thanks for the response, my question is different while all existing Microsoft 365 groups and teams created from existing Microsoft 365 groups will be searchable and can be added to the meeting, I'm not able to search an existing O365 group in teams 

We have not created a team from this O365 group 

@Teamsandviya  true, and that is what I mentioned as well if you created those existing or old groups in Exchange section sometimes they will not be shown in Teams either to be invited for a meeting or to be created a team from it, I know you do not want to create a team.

Also as per recent changes groups are no longer accessible from outlook that may also affect seeing it in Teams that you could run a script to find it under the groups in outlook which will fix the issues.

#To Show M365 Groups in Outlook and address book
Set-UnifiedGroup -Identity “group name” -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled:$False