My Teams Status doesnt update for other people

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

When I change my status in Teams my Boss is unable to see it. Especially if I first access teams on my mobile application.

Generally speaking I let Teams make the status change's based on it's own timing. However I place myself on Away when I go to lunch, or take the dog for a walk.  

The Issue seems to occur when I check teams on my phone, then go to my desktop application.  The Mobile App seems to confuse the status update process.  The problem is, I need the mobile app for my job. I cant just not use it.

The process goes like this

1. Check teams on my phone

2. 10-20 minute's later open teams on my laptop

3. Teams show's green on both devices

4. My boss messages me says Im showing away for one day. even though I am on and active.

Is anyone else having a similar issue? Are there any fix's for this?

1 Reply

Hi @smills1250

According to this previous post: Teams displays INCORRECT status, you will noticed that it seems the solution is still pending.

Also you can see below, related issues have been reported few years ago as feedback to the Microsoft Teams UserVoice:

The article User presence in Teams says: “On a mobile device, your presence status changes to Away whenever the Teams app is in the background.”

It also says: “Dual presence: The way presence works for most users is motivated by the events in the calendar or device events, such as a call. The user can override this status in the UI by manually setting states, which have some expiration time.”

Kind regards