SOLVED

MTR turn off camera during content sharing from Rooms device

Copper Contributor

Microsoft teams rooms turn off camera after 2min of content sharing through rooms device.
How to enable content sharing and not turning off camera at the same time ?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by igrigorjevs (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@igrigorjevs Its not normal for the camera to stop when screen sharing, so clearly something related to either your device or network. It's quite hard to debug so I would perhaps raise a support request with Microsoft, but typically looking at the Call Records for the rooms user in Teams admin might uncover something, or retrieving the logs from the device Microsoft Teams Rooms maintenance and operations - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Learn

I would be most suspicious of your network creating an issue, if you can try attaching the device to a different network with uninhibited access to the internet and see if the problem goes, it could well be that a firewall is blocking Teams traffic under certain conditions.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by igrigorjevs (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@igrigorjevs Its not normal for the camera to stop when screen sharing, so clearly something related to either your device or network. It's quite hard to debug so I would perhaps raise a support request with Microsoft, but typically looking at the Call Records for the rooms user in Teams admin might uncover something, or retrieving the logs from the device Microsoft Teams Rooms maintenance and operations - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Learn

I would be most suspicious of your network creating an issue, if you can try attaching the device to a different network with uninhibited access to the internet and see if the problem goes, it could well be that a firewall is blocking Teams traffic under certain conditions.

View solution in original post