SOLVED

Microsoft 365 Audio Conferencing - turn off "call me"

Brass Contributor

For Teams users that want to have people be able to use a phone call for audio instead of using the PC audio, we have Microsoft 365 Audio Conferencing Licenses.  If a person with this license schedules a meeting, there's a Phone Audio option where there's an option to "Call Me" and they enter their preferred phone number and Teams makes a call to that person for their audio.  We would like to turn this option off so that people in Teams meetings have to call in themselves, rather than have the "Call me" so that Teams initiates the call.

I believe I've found two ways to individually turn this off:

1) I can go to the Teams Admin Center, Users, open the User, and under Account, Audio Conferencing, I think I can change "Dial-out permission" to "Don't allow."

2) I think I can use a powershell command like the following to turn it off per person:  

• Grant-CsDialoutPolicy -identity “john-smith@fami.com” -PolicyName "DialoutCPCandPSTNDisabled" 

Does anyone know if these options are correct?  And is there an option to globally turn this off for all employees?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Hey @TandyWine

See here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/set-up-the-call-me-feature-for-your-users

If a user doesn't have dial out from meetings enabled, the Call me option isn't available and the user won't receive a call to join them to the meeting. Instead, the user sees a list of phone numbers on the Use phone for audio screen that they can use to dial in manually to the meeting on their phone.

So no option to globally turn it off, but you are doing it right

Hope that answers your question :D

Best, Chris
Ok that's the confirmation that I was looking for. Thanks for your quick reply.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Hey @TandyWine

See here

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/set-up-the-call-me-feature-for-your-users

If a user doesn't have dial out from meetings enabled, the Call me option isn't available and the user won't receive a call to join them to the meeting. Instead, the user sees a list of phone numbers on the Use phone for audio screen that they can use to dial in manually to the meeting on their phone.

So no option to globally turn it off, but you are doing it right

Hope that answers your question :D

Best, Chris

View solution in original post