SOLVED

MacOS unable to share screen

Copper Contributor
  1. Click the Apple menu.
  2. Then, go to System Preferences > Click Security & Privacy > Privacy tab.
  3. Click Screen Recording.
  4. Click the lock icon to make changes.
  5. If required, enter your admin password.
  6. Finally, click the checkbox next to Microsoft Teams.
  7. notification window will ask you to restart it. Agree.

Did all this setting till problem is not resolve? Please guide

27 Replies

@ManishWadhai 

I can share my screen, but not a specific window...

macOS Big Sur 11.7

This is the same for me. I select the padlock etc, and enter the password. Then click the + icon, find MS Teams, select 'open' or double click and then nope it does not appear in the list.
I have two options: share the entire screen, or share the Teams window. So, no option to share other windows.

As a workaround, if I exit full screen, Teams can share other non-fullscreen windows.

@RyanN580 workaround is fine! Thank you.

Doesn't work for me.
I use Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7, and Microsoft 365, for work. It's very unconvenient.
Despite unocked icon, there is no checkbox in front of Microsoft Teams and no + sign under to add an application.
best response confirmed by ManishWadhai (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi, I have the same problem, and I found the solution:
1. Go to System Preferences > Click Security & Privacy > Privacy tab.
2. If there is a Team Application, try to delete it first by select the "Teams Application list" and klik the minus " - " sign in the left corner of the selection box
3. When finished, click the plus " + " sign in the left corner of the selection box, browse the Application > select the Microsoft Team (work or school).app and click OPEN
4. Now retry the share screen on Teams, it should work.

Greeting from Bali

@Ida_Bagus_Subagia  Great .....Thanks 

please check this also.

1. Go to System Preferences > Click Security & Privacy > Privacy tab.
2. If there is a Team Application, try to delete it first by select the "Teams Application list" and klik the minus " - " sign in the left corner of the selection box
3. When finished, click the plus " + " sign in the left corner of the selection box, browse the Application > select the Microsoft Team (work or school).app and click OPEN
4. Now retry the share screen on Teams, it should work.