Live Event Disable DVR

Copper Contributor

Is there a way to stop users from being able to rewind/pause during the Live Event? I have tried disabling the "Recording Available To Attendees" but that doesn't seem to be able to stop that DVR functionally. We don't want the users to be able to pause and rewind as it's a live event. Our plan is to hosting a bunch of mini teams meeting after the event is over for each subgroup of the company for socializing. So basically we don't want the attendees to Pause or Rewind so everyone actually ends at the same time. Think of it like Twitch.tv streams not Youtube Live streams where the event is all real time only and the VOD is available at the end of the broadcast.

I don't need to keep the recording to Streams functionality if this DVR feature is forced to be on because of the Streams VOD because I can always record the stream locally through OBS and upload my own VOD.

Does anyone know of a way to disable that DVR function?

1 Reply
AFAIK no! You can disable for attendees to view the recording afterwards but during the event J believe it’s the streaming service that handles this Adam