I can't assign few participants in breakout rooms? Any suggestion!

Copper Contributor

During online Teams meetings, I can't put or assing a few participants in breakout rooms. 

Some of them even can't use the chat function :/(they logged in with the organization email ID).

I tried my best to sort this out but it is out of my reach. So any suggestion in this regard is highly appreciated! 

Thanks,

Chemey

7 Replies

@Chemey23 

Hi, Teams breakout rooms is not GA yet.  It is now expected in November.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

1. Participants need to use a laptop/desktop computer to log in to the meeting. Meaning if participants log in with a phone or iPad organizer cannot assign participants to breakout rooms.  

2. Participants who are using MacBook should use Teams web-based (google chrome), not Teams application. 

I hope this helps! 

@PeterRising  Thanks but I found the solution! 

@Chemey23 Hi, would you care to share the solution with others? :)

Re: I can't assign few participants in breakout rooms? Any suggestion!
PROBLEM SOLVED!

1. Participants need to use a laptop/desktop computer to log in to the meeting. Meaning if participants log in with a phone or iPad organizer cannot assign participants to breakout rooms.

2. Participants who are using MacBook should use Teams web-based (google chrome), not Teams application.

I hope this helps!

@Chemey23 In my opinion is this not a specific Macbook problem. 

It is related to guest (external)  members of the meeting.

Also on a W10 device it is not possible using BO rooms in the client app. Only Webbased or as an logged in user.

See also topic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/breakout-room-in-teams-problems/a830836e-1250-...