SOLVED

Guest users access to planner but not teams

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have 3 guest users in my organisation that need to access a Planner in a Teams.

Due to GDPR regulations they are not allowed to access the content in the Teams. They only need access to the Planner. 

Is it possible to grant the guest users to only the planner?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by mustafa1995 (Copper Contributor)
Microsoft Verified Best Answer
Solution
Hello there Mustafa,

For now, seems that is not possible to perform that. Planner builds on the Microsoft 365 groups guest access feature. If Microsoft 365 Groups guest access is turned off, you won't be able to add guest users to plans. So if the guest users can't access the Teams app (or any other) inside your ORG, then they will not be able to access the Planner.

Please check this page : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/guest-access-in-microsoft-planner-cc5d7f96-dced-4da4-ab62...

Hope this helps :)

@pedro_salvador_gomes 

Hi Pedro,

Too bad it's not possible. 

I already came across that article but I was hoping that there was some kind of work around.

Thank you for your answer.

I was hoping to find any workaround too but nothing at all... don't forget you always have the UserVoice portal where you can ask for this feature (or maybe it already exists).

Glad to help, kind regards !
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mustafa1995 (Copper Contributor)
Microsoft Verified Best Answer
Solution
Hello there Mustafa,

For now, seems that is not possible to perform that. Planner builds on the Microsoft 365 groups guest access feature. If Microsoft 365 Groups guest access is turned off, you won't be able to add guest users to plans. So if the guest users can't access the Teams app (or any other) inside your ORG, then they will not be able to access the Planner.

Please check this page : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/guest-access-in-microsoft-planner-cc5d7f96-dced-4da4-ab62...

Hope this helps :)

View solution in original post