SOLVED

Chatting with a team member - paste image broken. Can not send.

Copper Contributor

Chatting with a team member.  Pasted an image and clicked Send

Get this message 'Oh no! We lost your image. Please paste it again before sending.'

Can not clear or continue to chat with this person.  How to clear this message.

9 Replies

@derowe  Im having the same problem, and now i cant talk to that team member unless i paste an image that is not available.

Quick solution is to Log out instead of quitting. You'll see the images but slowly the problem will come back. Reddit has a post on this too.

@ have the same issue - any assistance out there on how to remove "lost images" that are preventing further conversations with my co-worker?

It seems like there is no solution, I just got the same issue, restarting APP, Restarting laptop, does not repair,  I was able to "Pop Out" the chat and start a new chat but the problem persists.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

use backspace in the chat under "Type a new message" and it will be removed.

@derowe 

I found CTRL-Z works to make the message go away.

@derowe Just delete the image then simply go press on teams/assignments/calls (Make sure this is not where you sent the message), then go where you were before Now copy the messazge and delete it then go press on teams/assignments/calls (Make sure this is not where you sent the message), then go where you were before And paste your message and send it. (Tell me if it works) (It works for me)

@kjwindisch  Ctrl+Z worked like a charm. Cheers!

Wow thank you, this is the most simple solution, it works for me
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

use backspace in the chat under "Type a new message" and it will be removed.

View solution in original post