SOLVED

Can you limit the people that someone can / can't contact via MS Teams?

Copper Contributor

Not a great title for the conversation, but I couldn't quite figure out a pithy way of describing this.

Here's our situation. We use Microsoft Teams internally for employee communication. We also have an external network of authorized resellers of our products.

We give each reseller an Outlook / Exchange account with a corporate email address. (That way, when they interact with customers, all emails are coming from our master corporate account. For branding.)

Our corporate Operations and Technical Service departments would love to communicate with our resellers using Microsoft Teams. We often need to screenshare to explain how to use the internal business apps, or for tech support questions, etc. We trade a lot of emails that would be much better to manage as Teams chats instead.

However -- our corporate Finance department absolutely does NOT want to communicate with our resellers through MS Teams. In fact, they don't even want to be visible to the external folks. (There are a number of good reasons for this, but I won't go into the details.)

So my question -- is there any way to dictate who an external Teams user can contact via Teams? To block the resellers from contacting the folks in the Finance department, but allow them to contact the rest of the company?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by OldFatDog (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@OldFatDog 

I have heard of this functionality but not used it - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/information-barriers-in-teams  as the resellers are classed as internal users it may do the job. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by OldFatDog (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@OldFatDog 

I have heard of this functionality but not used it - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/information-barriers-in-teams  as the resellers are classed as internal users it may do the job. 

View solution in original post