SOLVED

New indicator “EA” on avatar for Microsoft Teams Public Preview users

Microsoft

Microsoft Teams Public Preview channel allows customers to easily preview and evaluate pre-release Teams features before they roll out to the rest of their company. There are no program requirements or commitments. This is an opt-in channel controlled via IT admin policy 

Users who are in the Public Preview channel of Teams will see "EA" (Early Access) next to their profile picture indicating that they have early access to Teams features in public preview (as shown in the image below). 

Shikha_Varshney_0-1680027529790.png

To learn more about Teams Public Preview and how to set/update the preview policy, please refer Public preview in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs  

To get the latest update on the features in Public Preview, follow or subscribe to this Microsoft Tech Community page.

Thank you, 

Preview Team 

Quality & Customer Obsession, Microsoft Teams 

15 Replies

@Shikha_Varshney when will intelligent meetings in teams premium be available?

is there any benefit in having EA instead of having P?
Does EA mean Early Adopters? What happend to P wich was quite obvious "Preview"..

BR

@PatrickColin Feels like they are re-badging to be more inline with their Insider Program. Early Access (EA) is the badged equivalent of Canary/Dev in the Insider Program, with the old Preview (P) being the badged equivalent of Beta/Release Preview in the Program.

best response confirmed by Alex_Olsen (Microsoft)
Solution

@PatrickColin EA indicates that user has early access to Teams features. 

Let me check and get back to you on this.

[Update] We don't have timeline for intelligent meetings to share at this point. We will announce the feature availability in this forum as we get more clarity. 

@Shikha_Varshney What is the difference between EA (Early Access) and the old P (Preview)?

From end user's perspective, it's only the change in indicator. The public preview experience remains the same.

@Shikha_Varshney 

Would have been nice if it would have said something about that in the menu that appears when you click.  And, would have a link to a web page describing the current early access features.

@Nargly Thanks for your feedback! Added a link to web page to the post for early access features announcement. You can also click on "What's new" under Help (bottom left corner of classic Teams) to see features flighting in Public Preview. Hope this helps.
Can you access Teams public preview from a consumer O365 subscription?
Schoooooo.....looks like EA (Early Access/Public Preview) is over for the current/soon to be old Teams app??? I ran updates today on the current app and I'm now on version 1.6.00.12455. I haven't made any updates to our Teams Update Policies in the Teams Admin ctr. Now I am not seeing the EA indicator. I am also not seeing an option to select Public Preview in the About section...only seeing Developer preview with checkmark.

Does this mean there is no more early access in the current/old app?

@Michael Malloy 

Thanks for your question. Based on the information you shared, I think you might be a part of M365 Targeted release program as well to get early feature updates. Can you please confirm? Here are the steps.

We are rolling out Teams support for M365 Targeted release. As part of this update (MC post - MC566315), If you're a part of both Public preview and Targeted release programs, then Targeted release will take precedence. Therefore, you will see the Teams client experience for Targeted release users.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for being early adopter and shaping Teams experience.

Regards,

Shikha

Is the EA Badge given to anyone or is it for only certain people In particular?

@Ryfer725 thanks for your question. EA badge is shown on the profile picture only for users in Public Preview. Here are the steps on how to join Public Preview

Ok I think I understand what you are saying. And yes, I am on Targeted release in my org. which means I won't see EA on the current Teams app??? I was on Targeted release a few months ago but still saw the EA badge on the current Teams app.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Alex_Olsen (Microsoft)
Solution

@PatrickColin EA indicates that user has early access to Teams features. 

View solution in original post