SOLVED

Purview Data Governance license?

Copper Contributor

I wanted to know what license is required when we are focusing only on Microsoft Purview Unified Data Governance field. Thank you

3 Replies
best response confirmed by amcareem (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@amcareem 

It can indeed be a bit confusing how Purview is Licensed exactly. Depending on what y you want to do exactly. Do you plan on using it on Office 365 data or only on data sources such as Data Bases , Blob Storage and the like? 

To know exactly what type of licenses you need it is the easiest to consult the following Microsoft 365 Compliance Licensing Comparison Excel: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/servicedescriptions/downloads/microsoft-365-compliance-l...

Then for the "Core" of Purview living within Azure, there is a Pay as you go Based pricing based on the following metrics: 

Data Map (Always on): 1 capacity unit x $0.411 per capacity unit per hour x 730 hours for up to 10 GB metadata storage and 25 operations per sec

Scanning (Pay as you go): Total [M] min duration of all scans in a month / 60 min per hour x 32 vCore per scan x $0.63 per vCore per hour

Resource Set: Total [H] hour duration of processing Advanced Resource Set data assets in a month * $0.21 per vCore per hour

Hope this helps. 

Thanks for replying. So if I'm planning to go with on-prem or database or blob storage technically I don't need any Microsoft license right? I'm talking about the Data Governance Portal, not the compliance portal.
Correct. Than it will purely be Azure Subscription for the Purview Account, the scanning and the Data map consumption.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by amcareem (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@amcareem 

It can indeed be a bit confusing how Purview is Licensed exactly. Depending on what y you want to do exactly. Do you plan on using it on Office 365 data or only on data sources such as Data Bases , Blob Storage and the like? 

To know exactly what type of licenses you need it is the easiest to consult the following Microsoft 365 Compliance Licensing Comparison Excel: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/servicedescriptions/downloads/microsoft-365-compliance-l...

Then for the "Core" of Purview living within Azure, there is a Pay as you go Based pricing based on the following metrics: 

Data Map (Always on): 1 capacity unit x $0.411 per capacity unit per hour x 730 hours for up to 10 GB metadata storage and 25 operations per sec

Scanning (Pay as you go): Total [M] min duration of all scans in a month / 60 min per hour x 32 vCore per scan x $0.63 per vCore per hour

Resource Set: Total [H] hour duration of processing Advanced Resource Set data assets in a month * $0.21 per vCore per hour

Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post