Reminder: New name for the Data Analyst Associate certification and Exam DA-100 retires on March 31

Microsoft

SandraMarin_0-1643350655135.png

We recently announced important changes to the Data Analyst Associate certification:

What this means to you

• If you’ve already earned the Data Analyst Associate certification, you will see the new name in your Certification Dashboard on February 28, 2022.
  • If you’ve been studying for Exam DA-100, no worries. You have until March 31, 2022, to take it.
  • If you’ve just started preparing for Exam DA-100, consider reviewing the skills requirements for new Exam PL-300 and switching your focus to the new exam because the exams are very similar.  However, between February 28 and March 31, 2022, learners can pass either exam to earn their Power BI Data Analyst Associate certification.

Is it time to renew?

If you’ve already earned the Data Analyst Associate certification and it’s time to renew it, don’t take neither Exam DA-100 nor Exam PL-300. Instead, renew your certification by passing a free online assessment on Microsoft Learn. For instructions, check your Certification Dashboard.

Read more.

5 Replies

Hi  @SandraMarin, I have my exam scheduled for late March. Is there an option to change from the DA-100 exam, to the new exam so I can reschedule to a later date? When I currently try to do this, I cannot reschedule my exam for any date beyond 31/03/2022. Thank you, Josh

Hi @Joshkouw,
Exam DA-100 retires on 31/03/2022. I guess that's why you can't reschedule it.

You may need to reach Pearson Vue so they advise you. I'm thinking you'll need to cancel your registration and then create a new one for Exam PL-300.

Hello, 

I passed the exam for DA-100 last year in June 2021. As I've read through this post, I can renew this certificate, which has now already become PL-300. However, I have not received any email regarding the online assessment for the certification renewal. I'm also trying to search on Microsoft Learning but have not found it too. Can you let me know how I can take the online assessment? Thank you.

Please ignore my above post. I was worried if I need to take the new PL-300 exam or I could take the assessment exam that I cannot find it. Actually, I didn't realize that my DA-100 cert has automatically renamed into the new PL-300 one on the portal and the expiration date has been extended till June 2023, not June 2022 this year. Thus I cannot register for the assessment test simply because there are far more than 6 months before my cert is expired. Thank you.